St. Anne’s values great teachers who have a heart for working with children and a commitment to bringing hope and promise to the world. Candidates who seek a dynamic, collaborative, and enriching learning environment are encouraged to apply.
St. Anne's seeks to identify and interview people from diverse backgrounds during the employment process. We seek candidates who have a passion for education and a growth mindset. St. Anne’s employees share a commitment to academic excellence, responsibility for ourselves and our community, respect for one another, and compassion for others. The school embraces diversity in all facets of our life together; we work to teach good stewardship of our campus and our environment; and the spiritual and personal growth of members of our community is nurtured through daily devotions, weekly chapels, religion classes, and our community service program.
It is the policy of St. Anne’s to provide an equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex (including reproductive health decisions, pregnancy and related conditions), age, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, status as a veteran, family responsibilities, or victims of domestic violence, sexual offenses, or stalking, or any other status protected by law.
Listed below, please find current employment opportunities for positions on the St. Anne’s faculty. Interested candidates should send a letter of introduction, current resume, educational philosophy, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates applying to serve as substitute teachers should follow the same procedure. A link to an employment application and background check are at the bottom of this page.
Director of Finance and Operations
St. Anne’s Episcopal School seeks a Director of Finance and Operations (Director) to join the school’s leadership team by June of 2018. Reporting to the Head of School and working closely with members of the Finance Committee and the Board of Trustees, the Director is responsible for oversight of all aspects of the school’s financial operations. The Director is a member of the school’s leadership team and will partner with the Head of School, Board of Trustees and other school leaders to advance the mission and financial sustainability of the school. The Director is responsible for all aspects of school finances, administration of the financial aid program, operations, and human resources. The Director manages and supports the one additional member of the business office, and oversees buildings and grounds—including the facilities staff (2), transportation (6), and dining services (1).
The Director plays a key role in the development and execution of financial strategy to support the school’s mission and vision. Areas of responsibility include the following:
· Long range strategic and financial planning including acumen with fiscal modeling and data analysis
· Preparing the annual operating and capital campaign budgets
· Providing timely and accurate financial information to the school’s leadership, Board of Trustees, external constituents, and lenders as appropriate
· Ensuring that the school’s risk management and insurance programs are comprehensive
· Benchmarking the benefits plan with other independent schools in the region; working closely with benefit service provider to ensure all benefit programs meet the needs of the school’s employees
· Communicating effectively and positively with all school constituents
· Skillful overseeing of facilities, maintenance and transportation
· Administering the school’s financial aid program
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes
The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader who has, at a minimum, a four-year degree in accounting. A CPA or MBA is preferable. A minimum of ten years of senior management experience is required with independent school experience preferred. Additionally, St. Anne’s next Director will possess the personal skills to work positively and collaboratively with a wide range of individuals in a small, close community. With a healthy endowment of $9M, the school’s yearly operating budget is approximately $4.5M.
St. Anne’s seeks a detail-oriented, strategic financial professional with strong interpersonal skills who will enthusiastically embrace the school’s mission and culture and continue a climate of trust and responsiveness. He or she will successfully partner with the school’s leadership, provide day-to-day and long-term financial management, and offer wise and creative strategic
financial visioning in support of achieving the strategic plan. In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
· Strong initiative, goal-orientation, professionalism, and an ability to keep the school’s mission at the forefront of decision-making
· Integrity, credibility, enthusiasm, excellent organizational skills and a strong work ethic
· A successful track record positively managing and communicating change
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the interest and ability to work collaboratively with others in a team setting
· The ability to lead and inspire others, successfully managing relationships and interpersonal dynamics, and fostering a positive work environment
· Relevant computer proficiency including spreadsheet experience
· Experience in human resource management, employee benefits and payroll procedures
St. Anne’s next Director will join a strong, positive school community and work as a key member of the school’s leadership team as it plans and implements exciting strategic initiatives. Joining the leadership team as the school’s new Director is a tremendous opportunity to be an integral part of a strong and positive team in a vibrant independent school community.
Search process to begin in November. Start date is on or before June 1, 2018.
Spring Coaches Needed
Boys' Lacrosse – Head Coach
Boys' Lacrosse – Assistant Coach
Girls' Soccer – Assistant Coach
St. Anne's Episcopal School seeks experienced individuals who work well with middle school-aged students, grades 6-8, and have the ability to teach the skills of the game.
Responsibilities Include the following:
To provide practice and game plans 3-4 times per week.
To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
To guide student-athletes in the formulation and enhancement of values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, self-confidence, and sportsmanship.
To serve as a positive role model at all times.
To communicate effectively with team members and parents.
Interested candidates should submit the application below to Peter Thayer, Head of School.
Substitute Teachers: If you are interested in being a part of our substitute teacher pool, please contact Head of School, Peter Thayer.
St. Anne's offers its employees a generous benefits program.